For 10 years The Colondar has shown the world that colorectal cancer CAN happen to you if you’re under 50. Or even 30, for that matter. This year we celebrate the hope that comes from surviving cancer. While innocence may be lost, there is a way to be positive and rise above the challenge. Meet 12 survivors who embody the strength that surviving something like cancer can bring. Each of the 12 truly see life as a gift. Regardless of your struggle, be inspired by those who’ve found a way to look on the bright side and find the silver lining.
MEET THE 2014 COLONDAR MODELS
The 2014 Colondar features 12 young colorectal cancer survivors diagnosed “too young” (or under the traditional age of 50.) Learn from their stories and be inspired by their wisdom.
• JANUARY – Jose Baez – Rockaway Borough, NJ
• FEBRUARY – Rene Saenz – Houston, TX
• MARCH – Ashley Havlena – Kansas City, MO
• APRIL – Brittany Sliter – Smithtown, NY
• MAY – Emily Mazzetti – Valley Center, CA
• JUNE – Laura McClinton – Spokane, WA
• JULY – Marty Andrews – Seal Beach, CA
• AUGUST – Kasey Mattison – Richmond, VA
• SEPTEMBER – Mason Moore – Pearland, TX
• OCTOBER – Tonya Floyd – Atlanta, GA
• NOVEMBER – Rick Rausch – Evansville, IN
• DECEMBER – Rose Dopsovic – Bethlehem, PA
MEET THE 2014 COLONDAR SPONSORS
The 2014 Colondar is sponsored by a community of businesses, organizations and non-profits who share the mission of colon cancer awareness and advocacy. The project serves as a way to raise awareness of colon cancer screening and occurrence in young adults. The Colon Club thanks the following page sponsors of the 2014 Colondar:
• JANUARY – AliveAndKickn
• FEBRUARY – Colondar Models Past & Present
• MARCH – Get Your Rear in Gear
• APRIL – Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation
• MAY – da Vinci Surgery
• JUNE – Meredith’s Miracles
• JULY – Colon Cancer Alliance
• AUGUST – Chris4Life
• SEPTEMBER – Michael’s Mission
• OCTOBER – Fight Colorectal Cancer
• NOVEMBER – Given Imaging
• DECEMBER – Genentech
See all of the sponsors of the 2014 Colondar.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COLONDAR BY THE COLON CLUB
Starting in 2005, a small group of women took the notion of “calendar girls” to a new level. All diagnosed with colorectal cancer under age 50, the ladies produced a calendar showing off their abdominal scars and disclosing their stories of colon cancer survival. Based on the idea and inspiration of their Miss November – Erika Bilger, a stage IV colon cancer survivor diagnosed at 22, the The Colon Club’s “Colondar” has become an important player in the fight against colorectal cancer. Through the years, The Colondar has featured over 100 men and women who’ve fought colorectal cancer and won several design awards thanks to the unique artistic approach and skills of photographer Mark McCarty and designer Troy Burns. While the format and aesthetic changes from year to year, the single mission of emphasizing the importance of screening and sharing a message of hope, never changes.
PURCHASING THE 2014 COLONDAR
The 2014 Colondar is available via The Colon Club for $10 plus shipping and handling.
Make sure to buy one for yourself. And a friend.
For international orders, please e-mail for more information. (We cannot accept online international orders.)
Purchases of The Colondar are non-refundable and final.
Looking for Media Resources about the 2014 Colondar?
Please visit our media room for a fact sheet, press release and contact information about the 2014 Colondar.